Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows' real estate market set to outperform other regions of the province over the next 3-5 years
November 8, 2011
The Real Estate Investment Network (REINTM), Canada's leading real estate research organization has just released its latest report on the top cities and towns in British Columbia for real estate investment. Out of the hundreds of cities and towns, Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows ranked #2.
The report, titled Top British Columbia Investment Towns 2011 [PDF, 1.2MB] analyzes the current and future prospects for real estate investment opportunities in the province, and identifies the top regions that will outperform in the coming decade.
The report looks at such factors as:
- Is the area's population growing faster than the provincial average?
- Are new infrastructures being built to handle that growth?
- Is the area creating new jobs and taking steps to maintain current employment levels?
- Will Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows benefit from an economic or real estate ripple effect?
- Has political leadership created an economic growth atmosphere?
- Are there major transportation improvements in the works?
The top towns ranked in the report are:
#2 Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows
#5 Fort St. John
#6 Dawson Creek
#8 Comox Valley
#10 Prince George